Comparing Moving Companies
When it comes to moving companies, the type and caliber of services are not always the same from one to the next. As the potential customer, it is both your right and responsibility to look for specific things when hiring a mover. That way, you will select a company with the experience, expertise, and dedication required to provide you with exemplary service.
1. Service Availability– Make sure that any moving companies of interest offer the exact type of services that you need. For example, if you need goods moved within a 50-mile radius, you would not hire a company that provides long-distance moving. In addition, be sure the companies on your short list are licensed and properly insured so that your belongings have optimal protection.
2. Reliability – Unfortunately, even small moves can be riddled with problems. To ensure that your move is as seamless as possible, you want to hire a company that is known for being reliable. That means that on the scheduled day of your move, the crew will show up on time with all of the necessary supplies and materials to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
3. Strong Customer Support– Sadly, customer support today is nothing like it used to be. You want to look for moving companies that handle every move in a professional manner. You also want to consider companies that provide you with a contact name in the event a problem arises or you have questions. From your first inquiring phone call until your belongings are delivered, you deserve outstanding customer support. The goal is to look for a company that focuses on details, is always available, and takes quick and appropriate action to solve any issues.
4. Customization– Customization is something else that you should look for when researching different moving companies. Every customer’s need is unique, so instead of a cookie-cutter solution, you want to hire a company that can offer you viable solutions specific to your needs.
5. Fleet Options– Few people give any thought to the fleet used for moving, but this is an important factor when selecting the right company. Obviously, you want to hire a company that maintains its trucks. That way, regardless of which truck arrives to move your items, you feel confident that there is little to no risk of a breakdown.