Professional Moving Services
L&J Moving and Storage has been providing moving services for over 20 years.
American Van Lines is a world-leader in relocation and storage services with a presence
all over North America and the globe. Together we have the resources to perform
a seamless relocation for you, your family or your business. Whether you are moving
across the street or across an ocean, L&J Moving and Storage will customize a move
to meet your exact needs. Bottom line: If it's important to you, it's important
Our experienced staff and commitment to customer satisfaction allows us to deliver
relocation solutions to hundreds of individuals, families and corporate clients
across the United States and internationally each year as an experienced mover.
Choose L&J Moving and Storage as your moving company for all your household or commercial
moving needs. Your move benefits from our experience and the personalized approach
we bring to every relocation we perform. When it comes to the success of your move,
choose a mover who can handle any size and scope request. L&J Moving and Storage
customizes your move to your exact requirements, from the most simple to the most
complex. There is no move too small or too large for us to handle. As an agent for
North American Van Lines - a leader in relocation service transportation - you can
rely on us for exceptional service from the beginning of your move until the end.
In addition to our moving services, we have a number of specialized logistics services
for high-value products and home delivery. At L&J Moving & Storage, we also manage
warehousing and distribution processes. We can accomplish anything you need as your
consummate provider of moving and storage services, so contact us today for all
of your Southeastern Pennsylvania relocation needs.
Local Moving Company Many people ask, why use professional local
movers? One of the first considerations is cost-efficiency. Although moving truck
rentals may seem more economical than a professional local moving company, once
all the extra costs have been considered, it may not be the cheapest option. You
may also think that doing it yourself is the best option. However, after all factors
are considered, hiring a professional local moving company may be a cost-effective
solution. Choosing a local mover over a do-it-yourself move can save you time and
energy (and maybe money) - even when moving a short distance. Learn more about why
you should consider professional local movers.
We begin with advanced pre-move counseling
where our dedicated customer service counselors establish themselves as your single
source of contact throughout the move. Throughout the moving process, you counselor
will be there every day, every step of the way to answer any questions or concerns
and verify timely, high-quality service.
Our wide range of local moving services
includes packing and unpacking, storage options, third party services such as assembly/disassembly,
unpacking and many others. We take every service need into consideration for your
household move. So whether you need temporary storage for a few boxes or your valuable
piano shipped, L&J’s professionals can handle your individual requirements. L&J
Moving and Storage prides itself on the safe and secure transport of your household
goods. Although your items may be going a short distance during a local move, we
still take the necessary measures to protect your valuables. Our professionals pad
and stretch wrap furniture to help ensure no damage is incurred during the transport.
To further protect our customers, we offer exceptional options for valuation coverage.
Commercial and Industrial Moves
With over 20 years of commercial moving experience, L&J North American is the obvious
partner for your next Office or Industrial relocation project. Our experienced and
dedicated commercial move teams, using the latest equipment, provide the most efficient
and cost effective solutions tailored to the scope of your project. As commercial
movers, we focus on your specific requirements to ensure you receive professional,
Whether it’s a single server to Seattle or a corporate campus to Corpus Christie,
L&J North American will assure the very best in timely and affordable service. We
provide full service local, long distance and international commercial moving services
tailored to each client’s unique requirements. Working with the demands of your
business, we create a relocation plan that maintains productivity levels and minimizes
“down time”. Our professional Project Management team will lead you through a streamlined
and stress free move.
The benefits of using L&J North American commercial moving services include expert
management through the entire relocation process, our proven best methods and procedures,
and knowing your move is in the hands of a caring and capable move team. From the
initial on site survey to the “fine tuning”, your L&J Project Manager will be there
for you 24/7.
Below are a variety of services we offer as commercial
- Business and Office
- Academic and Institutional
- Warehouse and Manufacturing
- Laboratory & Medical Equipment
Contact L&J North American, the commercial movers businesses choose for first-class
relocation services. We look forward to discussing your upcoming relocation and/or
storage needs with you. Request your free in-facility estimate right now by filling
out our quick and easy quote form.
Services Tailored to Priority
Accounts Your contract with L&J Moving and Storage gives you Priority
Account status. As such, we create an individualized moving plan for you that adheres
to the restrictions and requirements contained in your company's moving policy.
Our flexible approach allows for the inclusion of many options. Your contract will
- Priority Service - Your transferee will be given top consideration regardless of
how busy the season, or the size of the move.
- Optimum Pricing - Our company structure minimizes administrative time and efforts
which combined with corporate rates and discounts can result in substantial cost
savings to your company.
- Protection Plans - Because homeowner's policies typically do not cover goods in
transit, we offer a range of protection plans, from coverage based on load weight
through full replacement value.
- Packing Options - Your contract may include full-service, fragile-only or self-pack
- Performance Reports - We can customize a reporting system that is consistent with
your moving policy and administrative needs.
Team Account Management
With L&J, your transferees benefit from having three key people who are instrumental
to the move: an Account Representative, a Moving Counselor and the additional tier
of service provided by a Priority Consultant.
Together you and your
Account Representative will review your company's moving policy. The Account Representative
develops a moving plan and contract, and communicates your needs to the other team
members. The Moving Counselor meets with the transferee, and identifies the physical
requirements for the relocation such as special access, additional services or specialized
Problem solving is a
speciality! The Priority Consultant is responsible for coordinating the move, utilizing
information gathered by the Moving Counselor and working in close association with
the Account Representative. This individual gives your transferee singular accountability
– one person to call with questions, for status reports, to request additional services,
to revise delivery requirements, or simply to allay concerns. Our goal is to ensure
that your transferees remain confident, relaxed and focused on their jobs throughout
the entire move. We'll take care of the moving details!
NorthAmerican International (NAI):
There is no other international
moving company able to cover the basics of international
relocation as well as NAI. We combine a multitude of skills and knowledge, ranging
from the varying customs process and procedures to understanding the numerous cultural
sensitivities individuals encounter. Our experience allows us to provide consistent
and reliable international relocations so that your employees can stay in touch
with their belongings—allowing them to focus on their job and family.
North American is truly a global transportation leader that can handle all of your international
needs. Unlike our competitors, NAI belongs to the largest international relocation
company in the world. Our volume of shipments worldwide enhances the relationships
that we have with our overseas companies who handle
international relocation services.
These relationships insure we are able to negotiate the best possible rates and
provide the highest quality service for our clients.
North American Van Lines sister company, SIRVA Relocation, allows
us to make available a complete portfolio of U.S. domestic and global relocation-related
services, at competitive prices and through innovative solutions, such as guaranteed
costs for home sale programs. SIRVA Relocation is the industry's most comprehensive
provider of global relocation services and offers innovative client solutions, extensive
transferee services, proactive knowledge management and reporting capabilities,
and an established destination services partner network that spans 175 countries.
One Month Before Moving
Pick up a Change-of-Address Kit from the Post Office and fill out:
- Friends and family
- Insurance companies
- Credit card companies
- Magazines and newspapers - cancel local newspaper delivery
- Doctors, dentists and other providers - transfer drug prescriptions
- Past employer - for W2 forms
- Take a look around the house. Start to think about what you don't
want to take with you.
- Use up perishable foods
- Sell, donate or hold a garage sale for unwanted items
- Prepare a list of what you want to move.
- Large appliances?
- Outside furniture?
- For full service moves:
- Get written estimates from several moving companies
- Will the movers pack for you?
- What items won't they move?
- Get appraisals of high-value items in case of future claims
- For do-it-yourself moves, make arrangements for truck rental and
moving help, and buy packing supplies:
- Packing and masking tape
- Start packing boxes. Mark boxes clearly as to contents and room to
be placed in. Mark "Open First" clearly on boxes containing important
items to be unpacked first:
- Pots and pans
- Alarm clock
- Special toys
- Tools - hammer, pliers, wrench
- Stop by and make arrangements for picking up your important records:
- Optician, optometrist
- School - make sure you get one with a raised seal
- Close out your bank accounts:
- Safe Deposit Box
- Start a new bank account in your new town.
- Transfer account from current bank?
- Contact your child's new school and notify them of your upcoming
move to their area.
- Contact the Chamber of Commerce in your new town. Request a relocation
Two Weeks Before Moving
- Pack your vital documents in one place:
- Military records
- Mortgage records
- Marriage license
- Birth certificates
- Vehicle titles
- Stock certificates
- Insurance papers
- Bank records
- School records
- Medical records
- Tax records
- Make arrangements to disconnect your utilities. Get refunds for any
deposits made. Have meters read. Give new address for them to send their final bill:
- Cable - return box if necessary
- Internet access
- Make arrangements to connect utilities at your new residence.
- Make arrangements for cleaning
- Inquire about your new state's auto licensing procedure and auto
- Check with your insurance company about transferring coverage to
your new home.
- Arrange to have a sitter watch your children at their house on moving
One Week Before Moving
- Dispose or drain any flammable items:
- Lawn mower gas
- Snow blower gas
- Aerosol cans
- Plan what goes in the car with you:
- Toys and games for kids
- Special breakable items or collections
- Important documents and records
- Change of clothes and toiletries for your first day
- Vacuum cleaner - if you want to clean right away
- Toilet paper
- First aid kit
- Food kit with bottled water, cereal, bananas
- Make travel arrangements for your pets and plants.
- Purchase moving insurance if you have valuable antiques and collections.
- Have your car tuned up.
The Day Before Moving
- Defrost, clean and air out your refrigerator.
- Clean your stove.
- Make sure you have payment ready for the mover - they will not unpack
without a check. Check your moving company's payment policies.
- Purchase traveler's checks for other possible expenses.
- Pack your former town's phone book for future correspondence.
- Get a simple breakfast ready for the next morning.
- Pick up ice and beverages for moving day.
- Take down curtains and curtain rods.
- Get a good night's sleep!
- Strip your beds.
- Moving company - will they disassemble?
- Show movers around. Make sure your possessions to be moved are inventoried
- Write "subject to further inspection for concealed loss or damage"
on contract when you sign to protect yourself should you find damage while unpacking.
- Get all keys together. Put in a safe spot.
- Make sure moving van driver has correct address, phone number and
directions. Confirm delivery date with him.
- Check all rooms one last time. Remember closets and cupboards, basement
and garage! Make sure all windows and doors are locked.
Good luck! Remember - many of your moving expenses are tax deductible, so hang
on to your receipts. Call the Internal Revenue Service and request Publication 521:
"Tax Information On Moving Expenses" to find out which moving expenses you can deduct.